Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm Still Here

I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted. I don't know how it happened, but it seems like I woke up one day and life just got extremely busy. It's a good busy but still I feel like I don't ever slow down. For example, the girls have been to 6 birthday parties in the past 5 Saturdays. On top of gymnastics on Saturday mornings. One of those Saturdays they attended 2 parties on the same day. I have started a bible study on Wednesday mornings (which I love) from 9:15 - 11:45. I feel like I am constantly playing catch up from not getting my ususal things done around here like laundry and dishes. Do you ever feel overwhelmed? My mind is constantly going in fast forward. I am always thinking about the following:
Do we have milk?
Do we need diapers?
When is the last time I cleaned the bathroom?
How can I re-organize to make room in this house for all of us?
Did I go over the calendar with the girls and read to them?
Are the girls getting enough to eat and enough sleep?
Am I spending enough time with the girls?
Did I drink at least 64 ozs. of water?
When is the last time I ran/lifted weights?
When is the last time I shaved my legs?
What are we going to eat for dinner?
Did I read my morning devotional and pray?
Have I studied the Bible today?
When is the last time I washed and cleaned out the van?
Are the girls watching too much tv?
Have the girls played outside today?
When is the girl's Dr. appt. for check ups?
I came up with these in about 25 seconds. I could go on and on. I am not worrying about these things nor am I anxious about them my mind is just constantly thinking about what all needs to be done. I get so consumed by everything and go into mental shutdown. That is where I am at today. But, tomorrow is a new day and it will all get done; somehow!

No comments: