Thursday, April 29, 2010

Elvis has left the building

The May said the funniest thing yesterday. First let me give you a little background in case you don't live in our part of the world. There is a restaurant downtown that uses a triple decker green bus for advertisement. They have an Elvis mannequin that sits in the driver seat. He used to have a mechanical arm that waved but I guess over the years it broke. They dress him up on holiday's and my girls get a kick out of it. So there is the background to catch you up.

My parents are on vacation this week. They were in Memphis yesterday and went to Graceland. (I got a virtual minute to minute tour via our blackberries.)Here is how the conversation between Molly and I went:

Me: Nana and Papa went to see Elvis' house today.

Molly: They went to heaven?

Me: No they went to his house he lived in before he died.

Molly: Oh you mean they went to the big green bus?

That girl is some kind of funny.

No comments: