Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Update on Life

Things have been so crazy around here. I have so many things going on right now. I really don't even know where to start. So I am just going to jump in.

At The Lynn's 6 month check up the pediatrician was concerned with the growth of her head. We had to come back in 6 weeks to get her shots so, she wanted to measure and chart her head growth at that appt. We did that and I really had no concerns. The Lynn is hitting all her milestones (crawling, cutting teeth, babbling, smiling, etc,) so I was not worried. The following Monday morning the pediatrician called and said I needed to bring her in ASAP. Of course, I was completely worried at this point. So, I rushed and got everyone ready and drove in a tropical wave to the office. Luckily, my pediatrician is married to a pediatric neurologist and over the weekend she had shown him The Lynn's chart. He felt like we needed to do an MRI due to the rapid growth of her head. The pediatricain felt like we should pass on the MRI because we would have to sedate her. So, we had an ultrasound on Wednesday. Thank God everything was normal and she just had a huge growth spurt. I now have a new respect for those parents who have gone through this and the outcome is not normal. I thank Jesus everyday that my children are healthy. You have no idea what kind of stress and worry you go through until you actually are in that moment.

I had a Dr. appt with a surgeon to determine if I have a hernia in my abdomen. The surgeon determined that I could possibly have a slight one. His major concern was the fact that I have pregnancy diastasis (my stomach muscles are seperated and they are flat as pancakes). He gave me 2 options. Option 1: He could perform the surgery where he would cut me from the top of my abdomen all the way down to the bottom. He would then pull my stomach muscles together and would fix the hernia (and some other issues I have been having). This option would leave me with no belly button, 2 flaps of skin, and a scar from the top to the bottom of my abdomen. Insurance would cover this option. Option 2: I could go to a plastic surgeon who would do the same procedure except he would cut me hip bone to hip bone and leave me with a nice smooth belly (belly button included). Insurance will not cover this option because it is considered cosmetic. I have real issues with this but that's another post for another time. So, off to the plastic surgeon I went. There is no way we can afford it now and I wouldn't be able to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 6 weeks. Yea right ...... 3 kids 4 and under without lifting for 6 weeks.......impossible. So, I am just going to deal with the pain until we win the lottery (not only to pay for the surgery but to hire a full time Nanny for 6 weeks).

The Belle has a urinary tract infection. We are waiting to hear back from the Dr. to see if her urine culture grew anything. I know lovely information...but this is what I am living right now. The Belle and I battle each morning over her taking the antibiotic. Lots of tears and pleading on both our parts.

I am planning my 10 year reunion. The reunion is in one month. I have to pay all kinds of deposits, fees, and sur charges and we have sold 2 tickets. Seriously, if you are reading this and you plan on going to your reunion BUY YOUR TICKETS! Your poor class president is stressing out over it. Give the girl a break; buy the tickets.

So, this stuff plus the daily grind of life you know laundry, feedings, wiping behinds, cleaning up, dishes, etc. is what has been keeping me from blogging. I did start a WONDERFUL bible study today. I am so excited about it! I learned more today in this class than I think I have ever learned in church. I am not kidding when I say the teacher is a genius and I left there feeling like a complete bible idiot. But, this is a good thing! I am super excited about next weeks class....I have lots of homework to do before then. Oh yea one more thing that has kept me from blogging: my new "crack"berry! I can't seem to get off of it.

2 comments:

Special K said...

Bless your heart!

The Mrs. said...

OMG! Are we living the same life? First let me back up. I am so glad your baby is all right that is scary. Thank GOD!
Second I have a herniated belly button and look 6 months pregnant and have since Landon. I have the same issues and blogged about it. You have to read! I am going for the tummy tuck even though I'm scared!