Thursday, January 7, 2010

Shoe Lace Hero


We spent some time at Uncle John and Aunt Emily's house over the Christmas break. I always feel like I am at a 5 star hotel when we stay with them. Everything is so clean and their house is decorated to a "T". Before we went to lunch and shopping at the outlets Uncle John tried to teach The Belle how to tie her shoe laces on her new shoes she got for Christmas. Now I know some of you are thinking "isn't she a teacher?" Well, yes a matter of a fact I do have a degree in Elementary Education and feel pretty qualified to teach children. I did however attempt to teach her and it didn't work out so well. The May and The Lynn were crawling all over us and I quickly lost my patience. So I did what any good Mom would do; I sent her to her Daddy. I got a good giggle when I saw him google "how to tie shoe laces". He had about as much luck as I did. I then had the brilliant idea for Uncle John to teach her. He is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy. He is a lieutenant in the Navy. He has driven a Naval ship thru the Panama Canal. I felt confident that he could teach my 4 year old to tie her shoes. He taught her the first step (which she has just about perfected). But, before I knew it they were downstairs and no longer tying shoes but, playing "rock band hero". I didn't get a picture of this because, well, ahem, someone had to be the lead singer.

No comments: