Sunday, January 24, 2010

Moving On Up

So instead of admitting myself into the psychiatric hospital (see previous post) I'm now looking into a good nursing home. Friday I got my eyes examined and got a double prescription. Before I go any further I need to give a disclaimer *I know nothing about vision/eye glasses. A nice and very fashionable gentleman (his glasses were dolce and gabana) helped me pick out a frame that he said complemented my face very nicely. So he takes me to fit my frames *which have a separate cost from lenses*. I learned so much at Lens Crafters. He explains to me that I have a double prescription and wants to know if I want both filled. I thought this meant I would need 2 pair of glasses so I told him that I just wanted reading glasses. So I get home with my new glasses and realize that I can see great while reading but can't see a thing when I look up. My dear husband (who has been wearing glasses/contacts since he was 16) explained to me that the prescription I got was for bifocals! And I said "come again; I'm only 28 this can't be possible. So now while I'm reading I have to wear my glasses on the end of my nose so when I look up I don't get "sea sick". Now here's the kicker to the story. I go to tuck the girls into bed and The Belle is laying in bed with a pair of sunglasses on the tip of her nose reading a book. Husband asked her what are you doing and she responded with "being an old lady"! Talk about kicking you when your down! So after doing some research I found out that I can get a progressive lens so you can't see the bifocal. But it costs an extra $100. I wonder if my social security will kick in soon so I can cover the cost?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Haha dont worry about bifocals. I actually had them in 6th grade! Just be happy that you will be able to see better now! See you guys soon!!