Friday, August 27, 2010

Water Works


Today was the big day. I thought I was all good with The Belle starting school. Apparently, I wasn't. I started crying last night at parent orientation, continued throughout the night, and into the morning. The tears finally stopped at snack time. Yes, I stayed the majority of the morning with her (I wasn't the only mom who stayed; I however was the only mom who cried). I finally composed myself to leave campus and go to lunch with 2 other moms. The Belle told me at lunch that I should go eat with my friends. Seriously, she kept asking when I was going to leave. When I returned from lunch the class was napping. The Belle has not taken a nap since she was 2 1/2! I asked her if she fell asleep and she said "no mam, I just rested". There are not enough words to describe how sweet her school is. For example, the boy's pull out the girl's chairs for them! It is just the sweetest environment I have ever been in. Today's hours were 9:00 - 1:30. Thankfully, Grandmama and Pappy kept The May and The Lynn for me so I could stay with The Belle. The May was so sweet in the van on the way to their house. She said "Grandmama is going to think The Belle looks beeeuuuuteeful"! Monday will be quite a challenge since we will have to leave our house at 7:00 and I will have all 3 girls in tow. So, life as I once knew it has changed and I am pretty sure reality is about to hit me in the face!

No comments: