Thursday, December 18, 2008

No Baby...Yet

I had my 38 week checkup last night. I have dialated 2 cm. I was really hoping that I could be induced before Christmas (so I could be home with the baby before Christmas). But, the only way the Dr. will induce me is if I have an amnio tap done to see if the baby's lungs are developed. Husband and I both feel like we should not go that route (due to minor risks involved with the procedure). So, if I want this baby to be home before Christmas then I need to go into labor on my own. I walked a good bit yesterday but, I think I may become a marathon walker today. I really want her to come today or tomorrow but, I know that God will send her in his perfect timing. Several months ago I had mentioned to a few people that I would really like for the baby to come on the 20th (since husbands last day of work before the Christmas break is the 19th). These people have been praying diligently for the 20th to be the day she is born. Whenever she does arrive I will be one happy Mama.

2 comments:

Slacker Mama said...

I'm hoping Baby Pigtails comes soon!

Have you tried any of the other wives tales? Spicy food? A pint of Guinness?

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Have you thought about going to get an acupuncture treatment? That sent me into labor with my second child.