Friday, March 27, 2009

CrAzY DaY

My power just came back on after being off for 7 HOURS! I really appreciate electricity. I think God was teaching me to be appreciative this morning. The girls had to eat peanut butter crackers for breakfast and The Lynn had to eat a frigid bottle. When the power finally came back on at 11:30 The Belle asked if they could have waffles now. We read every book in the house and put together every puzzle we own. We don't watch a whole lot of tv but I really missed Sesame Street this morning.

So, yesterday was a crazy day. The Lynn has a really bad cough so I took her in to the Dr. yesterday morning (along with The Belle and The May in tow). After an hour at the Dr. she decided that The Lynn needed to go to the hospital to get tested for whooping cough. After waiting an hour at the hospital I took the big girls to McDonalds. They were very good at the Dr. office and the hospital so they needed a reward. Then we made our way to Wal-Mart; which lasted another hour. I told the girls when we were at the Dr. we would go to the bookmobile later that afternoon (had I known how long we were going to be I would not have told them about it) so, I had to stick to it and off we went. We finally returned home at 2:15 (all of the above was done in the rain). I gave The Lynn a breathing treatment, fed her, and put her down for a nap. By the time all that was accomplished it was 3:00. That is when I realized The May had not taken a nap. 3:00 is too late for her to nap so, I knew a meltdown was awaiting us. Sure enough 6:30 came and The May fell apart. After supper, baths, teeth brushing, and bedtime "stuff" it was 9:30 before I got a shower.....sheesh! As I am typing this The May is "melting down" while sitting on my lap...nap time is just around the corner!

Oh yea we will find out about the whooping cough in a few days.

No comments: