Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Weight"Less" Wednesday: - 0.6

I had really hoped for a bigger weight loss this week. This was a really difficult week for me. Husband and I have been running 2 miles and running stadiums everyday. On Saturday (after setting a new 2 mile record; 19 min and 37sec.) I fell running up the stadiums. Needless to say, my right shin ate the concrete stadium. I can barely bend my right knee and it is STILL bleeding. I have given birth three times (one of which I had no pain medicine) and this pain is worse. The problem is the pain is constant; I can not get comfortable. Weight loss for women is so hard. Even though I haven't been able to run, I am still dieting. I can diet until the cows come home but if I don't exercise I will not lose weight and that is so frustrating! If a man (like my father-in-law) cuts out one snack a day for a week he can lose 6 pounds. It just doesn't seem fair. So, after lots of tears and frustration I am sticking with it. I have come way too far to give up. Hopefully my leg will begin to heal within the next few days and I can get back to exercising. I did get some new weights over the weekend. I moved up from 5 pounds to 15 pounds. Maybe that will help me at least maintain this week.

3 comments:

Slacker Mama said...

I'm sorry to hear you got hurt! That would totally happen to me.

And I know how incredibly frustrating it is when other people seem to lose weight so much easier. Actually, my Mother-in-law is like that. Drives me insane!

But you have to look at it this way...you still lost, which is going in the right direction!

Good luck!

Emily said...

You Keep Going Girl!!! You can do it! We are all here for you!! I hope your shin is doing better - injuries are never good.

Also, just FYI I here you on the father-in-law thing - Men make me sick too. It isn't fair! Not even a little bit! Cut out a brownie a day- rubbish!

Kelly said...

You might want to get that checked out. It sounds really bad. Yeah, your father-in-law seems to have a really high metabolism, so dont compare yourself to him! Have you tried resistance bands? I think those are pretty good, and easy to use wherever you may be. Keep going!