Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Weight"Less" Wednesday

On Jan. 12th of this year I started a "biggest loser" style competition with several friends and family members. To participate in the competition we each pay $10. Each week we email our weight loss percentage. At the end of the month whoever has the greatest percentage loss wins the cash ($100). I am proud to say that Husband won the first month and I won the second month. Without the competition and the support of my husband there is no way I would have been able to lose weight. Since Christmas Eve I have lost 44 pounds. I will never forget the sadness I felt on Christmas Eve when I stepped on the scale. I really thought at that point that I would be at that weight for the rest of my life. It was a very depressing feeling. I am so happy to say that I am now back at my pre-pregnancy weight (with The Lynn). I have 21 more pounds to lose to get to my wedding day weight. So, every Wednesday I am going to post my weekly weight loss. This is strictly a motivation for me. It will keep me accountable with these last 21 pounds. I had wanted to start blogging about my weight loss journey when we started the competition but, I am going to be very honest...... I didn't think I could lose the weight and I didn't want to fail myself. Now, that I have come this far I know the remainder of the weight will come off. And now that I am actually blogging about it I don't want to let myself or you down. So, in a way you; the reader have become part of this journey with me. Tune in next week to see how much I have lost. I am going to post a before and after picture very soon.

3 comments:

Slacker Mama said...

Congrats on the weight loss to date ... and good luck on the remaining 21 pounds!

I'm excited to see your progress!

You *can* do it!

Kelly said...

Wow!! That's awesome! Congrats on losing so much already. I have no doubt that you will be able to lose that 21 lbs! Keep up the good work!

MommyJenn said...

I have been hiding behind the "just had a baby" excuse and the "we're going to have another baby soon" excuse for a year now, but I can't stand being fat now that we are home. These people KNOW what I'm supposed to look like. So, out go the Snickers and Butterfingers. Welcome, lettuce and cucumbers and getting up off my fat butt!