Monday, January 26, 2009

I am a grown up

I remember when I brought The May home from the hospital thinking that The Belle was such a big girl. It was like she grew up over night. Well, the same thing happened when I brought The Lynn home...The May grew up. The week before The Lynn was born I was holding The May in the recliner and I thought to myself she isn't going to be my little baby anymore. And sure enough she is turning into a big girl. But, what is really sad to me is how much The Belle has grown up. Yesterday she went to children's church. This is a huge deal to me. Children's church is for big kids. The parents of kids who are in children's church are grown ups. Thats when it hit me...I am a grown up. I know I am 27, I am married,I have birthed 3 babies, I drive a mini-van, but now I not only have babies, but I have a child. She can dress her ownself, put her shoes on, she asks really good questions (like what does Holy Moly mean), she will sit and hold the paci in The Lynn's mouth for 30 minutes until she goes to sleep. I knew it would happen but man it really does happen fast.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

aww... that was sweet. Time flies when youre having fun!