Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby Girl # 3 @ 2 Weeks Old


This picture was taken when baby girl was 2 weeks old. She has changed so much in just 4 weeks since her arrival.
There has been so much going on around here that I want to post about but I just dont have the time to do. I have been meaning to post about how baby girl # 3 arrived, how the girls have adapted to our new family, how I have been in a "Biggest Loser" dieting competition, how we are going stir crazy and so much more. This post however is going to be focused on The May.

The paci fairies came and took her paci a couple of weeks ago. She was on her last paci when she bit the nipple clean off. So, we told her it was broke. She asked if she could have one of the baby's paci's. I did not protest because I didn't feel up for the fight. So, I gave her a paci that was completely different than the one she has taken since birth. She continually asked me to wash the new paci as if something were wrong with it. Husband was putting her to bed one night when she laid her paci on the nightstand. He asked her why she did that and she told him that she needed a new one. So, he told her how the paci fairies came and got cousin Margo's paci when she was a little girl. The May loved that idea and was game for giving her paci to the fairies in return for a present. She went over a week without the paci before asking for it. Matter of fact, the day after the fairies came she burned her thumb on the stove and I was in shock when she did not ask for her paci. The hard part about the paci departure has been nap time. She has protested naps everyday since losing the paci. This is really hard on me because I NEED sometime to get things done or just have some quite. The girls need their time apart also. So, with all this said we are on day 3 without a nap and I must say this makes my days so much longer. I am not sure that she has "grown out of naps" because she is wiped out around 4:00 but, we are just taking it a day at a time.

Hopefully, I can post about the other things going on in our life soon.

No comments: