Thursday, September 24, 2009

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried

The Belle has never been a good sleeper (and unfortunately, I think The Lynn is following in her footsteps). When we moved The May out of her crib into a big girl bed she also became a non-sleeper. Only until recently has she slept through the night in her big girl bed. So, to encourage the girls to stay in their beds all night we started a sleep chart. Each night that they sleep in their own bed they receive a sticker on the chart. After they get 7 stickers they get to choose anything they want from the dollar store. Well, The May got her 7th sticker this morning! YAY! The Belle only has 3 stickers. Every morning The Belle has an excuse to why she couldn't "close her eyes" (her words) when she wakes up in the middle of the night and must resort to our bedroom floor. Tuesday morning she explained that she couldn't go back to sleep because she imagined (dreamed) about a white duck and it scared her. Yesterday morning she explained that she imagined about a scary skunk and she had a towel over her face. When she tried to close her eyes she could only see circles so she had to come in our room. SHEESH! It may take 4 months for her to get 7 stickers.

I have debated about posting what happened last night. I am afraid some of you may turn me into the authorities. But, this is something I want to document for the future. So here it goes. When we got home from church last night the big girls were exhausted. I told both of them to go potty and get straight into the bathtub while I got their pj's together. Husband had not eaten supper before church so he was trying to quickly scarf down something to eat. When I returned to the bathroom I found The Lynn playing in the little potty! Not only was she splashing around in The May's pee pee, but she was sucking on the toilet paper out of the potty! I know, I know, I can hear all of you gagging as you are reading. Believe me I was on the verge of losing my cookies. The crazy thing is...she was actually enjoying it. UGHH! I threw her into the tub with the girls and tried to somewhat brush her 4 teeth and gums. So, if you don't see any posts for a while that means Children Services has locked me up. Hopefully, they won't come before Saturday: The May's 3rd birthday party and our 10 year reunion!

No comments: