Saturday, March 15, 2008

This Week In Review



Monday:
Cleaned House! (which is currently a mess)

Tuesday:
I had a VBS Director’s meeting and while I was gone husband stayed with the girls. When I returned around 8:00 The Belle met me at the door and said “That stupid cat ran under the porch”. Apparently husband was changing the light on the front porch and our cat Coal ran outside. Now let me give you a little history on the cat. We got Coal when he was 6 weeks old from my husband’s uncle in Baton Rouge. We were on our way home from a football game in Houston when we stopped to get him. He is half Persian and jet black (hence the name; Coal). He had never been outside and we automatically made him an indoor cat. Right before The Belle was born we got his front claws declawed and had him “fixed”. So, him escaping has been a big concern for me. We live in the middle of the woods and have all kinds of creatures prowling around here (raccoons, possums, deer, foxes, etc.). I tried to get him out from under the porch and he hissed and swatted at me. The look in his eyes was scary. So, I decided to leave him outside. I felt so bad for him because the next night he was standing at the door crying to get in. But, its too late! So, now we have an outside cat. I must say it has been bittersweet. I don’t have to worry about cat hair, changing a litter box, him waking us up to play, etc. But on the other hand, the girls keep asking for him and every time we go outside they follow him around. As you can tell it has been a difficult transition for all of us except; husband; he is thrilled that Coal is outside.

Wednesday:
I took The Belle to her new big girl gym class. Long story short: we will be back at the mommy and me class next week. Thank you scary assistant man coach.

Thursday:
The may woke up screaming (which never happens; she usually wakes up singing “The B-I-B-L-E”). When I went and got her out of her crib she was burning up with a fever. She laid on top of me all day; what is about a sick baby that is so heart breaking. I put her down for her nap at 12:15 and I finally went and woke her up at 4:00. Once again, she was running a fever this time it was:102. After her fever broke she seemed a little better.

Friday:
Expecting The May to be sick we woke up to a perfectly normal baby girl. She had a little rash on her stomach and after talking to the Dr. on the phone she came to the conclusion she had a mild case of baby roseola. The May had roseola several moths ago but, it was much worse (fever for days, no appetite, and lots of rash). My Mom (Nana) kept the girls while husband and I went to dinner at Applebee’s and a little shopping at Target.

Saturday:
We woke up bright and early so the girls could go to the Easter egg hunt and church. It was great. The hunt was only for babies 0-4 years old. We didn’t have to worry about the kids getting trampled and it was very relaxed. The Belle had a great time putting the eggs in her basket. The May had a great time: EATING! Once she figured out there was candy and animal crackers in the eggs that’s all she did. It was so cute; she stood in one place and ate. The girls are now napping and in about oh T minus 5 minutes I will be too!

1 comment:

MommyJenn said...

I love you, but you are crazy. You are throwing Twinkle's significant other out for a certain death. He has no defenses!!! Please let him back in so that I can quit worrying about him. I will get you a flea pill!!