Thursday, March 27, 2008

Toothpaste Troubles


For the last few nights The Belle has not wanted to brush her teeth. Now hear me out she never really wants to brush her teeth but she usualy doesn't mind. Everytime I come near her with a toothbrush or even mention anything about brushing her teeth she FLIPS out. She starts crying and saying: "I want don't want to brush my teef." (Here lately when she doesn't want something its: I want don't want). She clutches both hands around her mouth and begins to run away from me. I have no idea what the deal is. She claims that she "wants don't wants that toofpaste." We use the "My friends Tigger and Pooh" kind of toothpaste. She has never complained before. So, husband asked her what kind of toothpaste do you want? Her response: "Minnie Mouse". So, now I have to find some Minnie Mouse toothpaste so her teeth won't rot out. When we forced her to brush it was very similar to the "Steel Magnolias" scene that I previously posted about. I am sure it is not good parenting to just run out and buy the kind she wants but good gracious it would make my life so much easier. So, what kind of toothpaste do you use?

3 comments:

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

DD uses the Colgate Barbie kind and would eat the whole thing if she could. It is red and strawberry flavored I think. Maybe you could find a Minnie toothbrush and then use the red kids' toothpaste. Good luck!

The Mrs. said...

When I brushed Landons teeth tonight he did the clamp down! It was nearly impossible!

My 3 sons said...

I don't have that problem yet - 3d loves the bubblegum flavor - just sucks on the brush!! Screams though, when I take the brush away.