Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weekend Recap

Hold onto your hats because this was a BUSY weekend but, lots of fun.

Friday Night: We went to Playhouse Disney Live. The girls LOVED it! When Mickey Mouse came out on stage the girls were in awe. Tears literally came to my eyes because they were so happy. The show was absolutely adorable. I am so glad I took The May. She enjoyed it just as much as The Belle. There was lots of music and dancing. I have to admit both girls have lots of rhythm. The show started at 6:30 and we were in the car leaving at 8:00. The Belle has asked every morning since then if we can go back to see Minnie Mouse. (BTW: on the way to the show we stopped and ate Mexican, which was DELICIOUS.)

Saturday: My friend Jessica and myself had volunteered to work at the Mom 2 Mom Sale (a huge children’s sale of gently used and some new items). We volunteered to work, which meant we got to shop early on Thursday. BTW: I got The Belle a brand new Gymboree outfit (with the tags still on it) that originally cost $ 61.50 for $12.00 and lots of more great deals. After we worked I dropped Jessica off and quickly got home to pick up husband and the girls. We went straight to my in-laws for our big treasure hunt that we have been planning for a month (although I must say I was not involved all that much in the planning; I basically showed up for the fun). Husband and myself, his sister and spouse, and his brother and spouse all bought Pappy (husband’s dad) a new (well used but new to him) truck. We sent him on a hunt all around town to find the truck. It was GREAT! We had so much fun and Pappy was clueless to what was going on. His reaction was priceless! We then went back to my in-laws for supper and played awhile with everyone and then turned in early due to the time change (which we are still trying to adapt to).

Sunday: We drove separately to church on Sunday because husband had to be in both services. So, I got both girls and myself ready for church and arrived only 5 minutes late. After church we ate lunch at my in-laws and headed home for a much needed nap. Husband’s deacon ordination service was Sunday night. It was a very special time because his Dad preached part of the service. The majority of husband’s family was there so that too made it special. We had a reception afterwards that the church gave. This was a nice ending to a very eventful weekend.

2 comments:

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

I am glad you liked Playhouse Disney! Sounds like a great weekend for all of you.

Kelly said...

I didn't know Scotty got ordained!? How awesome! It makes sense though, he's a perfect fit for a deacon. Congratulations!