Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Garden Fairy




Well, today makes day # 11 of throw up patrol. The May got sick again last night. I am praying that she will not get sick today. I am DESPERATE to go somewhere and I will not take her anywhere until she is symptom free for at least 24 hours. I thought I would never utter these words but I WANT to go to Wal-Mart. I know its crazy. That is how desperately insane I am going. The girls have actually been very good considering they too have also been locked up in here. One thing that has made the day a little better is our garden that we planted about a month ago. It is crucial that if you live in the South you must have a garden of some sort. It’s like a topic of conversation. No kidding the last time I was at church (which seems like ages ago) the big topic was everyone’s garden. We discussed types of fertilizer when and how much to use and whether or not 37 degrees will harm the plants. This is the first year we have ever planted a garden. Please don’t get the wrong impression; our garden is VERY small (as you can see in the above picture). We have a row of tomato plants, a row of peppers, some squash, and some sunflowers. We planted them all from seeds except for one tomato plant. I had to have something that I could actually see when I was just watering the dirt everyday and wandering if anything was going to grow. The girls both help water the garden everyday. The Belle has especially taken pride in it since she did plant the seeds. The May finds it as time to get wet (which she loves). Today, the garden fairy visited. She has somewhat of a green thumb. Don’t you think every garden should have some fairy dust sprinkled on it every once in a while? I also included a picture of the garden fairy taking a break. My sisters bought The Belle the chair and umbrella for her birthday. I can’t wait to take it to the beach this summer.

No comments: