Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ants and Eggs

Seriously? There are some days when I walk into a room in my house and think to myself "Oh I'm sorry I have entered someone else's life." Let's take tonight for example. Husband went to church while the girls finished dinner and took baths. (Note to yourself: bath # 1). After their bath I tried to make an effort to clean up The Belle's room. While sorting through toys I found ants crawling under her window into the carpet. The girls were watching Laurie Berkner so, I quickly vacuumed her room. Once I finished I walked into the living room and found the following scene: The Belle watching Laurie and dancing with her guitar in hand. The May is sitting on the floor with 8 eggs on the carpet and 1 egg perfectly cracked open onto the carpet. I have NO idea how she managed to carry 9 eggs from the kitchen to the living room without dropping any. Better than that, I have NO idea how she actually cracked the egg open. It wasn't as if the egg was busted, the shell was still in tact. And tell me this....why, why, why, would you want to get eggs and bring them into the living room? As I was cleaning up the egg and throwing her into the bathtub again I was explaining to her that we don't play with eggs and that she made a mess. You know what she said to me (at 20 months old) she said: "Jude made the mess with the eggs". Can you believe it she is already trying to blame someone else? The girl needs to think things through though. Why did she blame Jude (who does not even live here)? At least blame The Belle. But, let's be honest The Belle would never do anything that consisted of getting her hands messy. You know what makes this entire situation better? Today was Husband's last day of work. School's out for Summer (or until he finds another job)!

No comments: