Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weight"Less" Wednesday: -1.8

I DID IT! I met my goal weight. This weight loss journey began 66 pounds and 5 months ago! I still can not believe that I lost that much weight. As I was running my 2 miles last night (in record time; 16 min. 36 sec.) I was thinking about what I should wear for my "after" picture. Then it hit me "why not wear your workout clothes". So, here it is. I feel like I am accepting an award and I should give a speech. First, I would like to thank my very supportive husband. Without him I would have never been able to lose the weight. As I was running stadiums a couple of weeks ago I glanced over and there he was. I realized at that point that is what most women need. A supportive husband (or friend) who is just there for them. He has really been my rock throughout this. I need to also thank my mom. She kept the girls nearly every. single. day. for the past 5 months. She would watch them after working long hours at her job. It would have been very difficult to have exercised without someone to watch the girls. I should also thank my "biggest loser" group (especially John, Emily, and Josh) for all the encouraging words they have given me. Last but not least, I need to thank my Heavenly Father. There were many times that I cried out to Him for strength and he never left my side. I am telling you all the blood, sweat, and tears was worth it. I feel great! The journey does not stop here. I have lots of work left to do! We have a 5k this weekend and next weekend to get ready for.



3 comments:

Emily said...

AWESOME!!! My comment has to include my weekly saying to you:

"YOU GO GIRL!! After all it is a women's job to win!!"

and you totally did win. 66 lbs in 5 months is just incredible! absolutely incredible! John and I would like to thank you too for keeping us encouraged and working hard! You did just awesome! I am totally looking forward to our runs together! We are going to kick some serious butt!! 1/2 marathon here we come!! Love You Girl.

Slacker Mama said...

You look *fantastic*! Congrats on the great achievement!

Special K said...

Oh my! You are skinny minny. I'm so proud and jealous honey. And, FAST! Geeze. I've been working on my speed. Maybe we could run together sometime...Kevin is trying to get me faster so I could hang maybe. :) High five.