Monday, February 4, 2008

DESTRUCTION!


My sanity prayer for the day:
Dear Lord,
Please grant me sanity. I am grateful for the two blessings you have given me. I am pretty confident that their actions that drive me crazy are consequences of my sin. Please forgive me for failing to be a faithful servant. Help me to love my children as you love me, unconditionally.

DESTRUCTION!
I am not sure what has and is taking place around here. My level of insanity has risen to an all new high. All of the following events have brought me to this new level (all have happened within the past 7 days).

The May fell down the stairs outside (while trying to wear husbands slippers) which caused a serious gash on the nose and causing me to FREAK out. Not to mention this happened the day before her 15 month check up. I am still awaiting the visit from Children and Family Services.

While making tea in the Mr. Teamaker, The Belle decides to pull her Winnine the Pooh stool up to the counter. She then proceeds to move the pitcher out from under the tea maker. Which in return causes tea to flow freely all over the counter. Neither adult in charge realized this until several minutes had passed. I am now taking tips for removing brown stains from the counter top.

While getting ready to go to gym, The May climbs on top of the recliner onto the top of the kitchen counter with a purple permanent marker in hand. The counter becomes her canvas. Luckily, bleach erases purple permanent marker.

After getting the girls out of the bath, The May disappears. I begin to look for her. She is under the kitchen table splashing around in spilled milk. Her entire sippy cup has poured out under the table. The extremely nasty part is the fact that there is cat hair and old food under the table also. She has now made a paste mixture with all of the above and is rubbing it on her recently bathed body.

Sunday night, while husband is watching the Super Bowl The Belle has the need to find Daddy a tie to wear. In search of the Christmas Mickey Mouse tie that husband’s grandparents gave him she pulls down every tie from the rotating device. When I find her the device is still rotating without a single tie on the rack.

The event that lead to the above prayer happened tonight. Husband and I are watching the nightly news discussing how terrible it will be if Monica's ex-boyfriends wife becomes President. The girls are in The Belle’s room. We assume playing in their Rose Petal Cottage. A good 15 min. passes without either of us checking on them. Husband goes to look in and quietly comes out and announces he is going to begin supper. Intrigued at what he saw, I make my way to the room. Before I go any further there needs to be a little explanation. The Belle’s closet is a combination of all the 10 gazillion scrapbook items I own, all the clothes I could wear pre-children, all the Christmas ornaments and decorations, several magazines, and all the gift bags that I will re-use. So, basically it is a junk closet. As I enter the room, I find the two precious children that I brought into this world standing on top of the biggest pile of junk. Neither child is standing on the floor. Both girls have stamp pad ink all over their hands and clothes. Little green handprints are covering the wall. Every stamp I own is out of its designated box. Every piece of clothing has become their mountain and every gift bag has been taken out of the designated bag. All ribbons are unraveled and every inkpad is missing its lid. Humpteen million pictures are scattered about along with every magazine. The Belle also managed to somehow confiscate a bag of Doritos into her room. The entire bed and top of her dresser? Is now covered in crumbs. I could go on and on.

Husband is now gone to his Monday night bible study. My only piece of sanity at this point is the 2 liter of cherry coke (which is 1/2 gone) that husband brought home today along with the 1/2 gallon of Blue Belle ice cream that awaits me in the freezer.

Note: I am holding The May while she is screaming. She just closed a clothes pin on three of her five fingers. 8:00 can not come soon enough!

AND: Our inside cat has FLEAS! I have been picking those nasty little creatures off of him all day.

3 comments:

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Ahhhhh...you poor thing. Just remember, this too will pass. Tomorrow is another day. Everything always seems a little better after a good night's sleep. Better days are ahead!

Anonymous said...

You poor poor thing. Deep breath. I order you to place both girls on the couch with the video of their choice and poor yourself a cup of coffee or whatever beverage you love best and sit down. Now pick up the phone and call your best friend. Feeling better? Go online and order two things - a lock or latch for that closet door and something pretty and entirely unnecessary for yourself.

mommyJLP said...

Well, I guess you can look at the tiny light at the end of the tunnel: they were playing together quietly!