Friday, February 1, 2008

Growing Up

The Belle has begun to show a strong interest in reading. She has always liked books and always wants us to read her books. Her first love is Mickey/Minnie Mouse so, combine them with books and she is thrilled. I bought her a little vintage Mickey Mouse board book in the dollar spot at Target and she loves it. The sentences are short enough that she memorized it. It is sooo cute to hear her read it. She uses the same voices I do when I read it to her. (I have such a range of emotions seeing her grow up.) What is even cuter is when she reads it to The May. The May calls all Disney characters "Minnie' so, when she does not correctly identify the character The Belle quickly corrects her and re-reads the page to her. I love to read so, hopefully both girls will take an interest in it also.

No comments: