Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mary Poppins Is In My Back Seat


The Belle and I went to Wal-Mart today with all of the other folks in town. Husband quickly agreed to keep The May (due to the fact that she was 30 min away from taking a nap). So, I am driving down the road jamming out to Laurie Berkner and her band when I look in the rear-view mirror and lo and behold Mary Poppins has entered the car. The Belle is holding an open umbrella, sucking her thumb, and dancing to Laurie's singing. You would think the girl has never seen an umbrella, it is her new favorite toy. It has rained here for the past few days. We typically stay inside when it rains and are not forced to use an umbrella but, due to our busy schedule we have been forced out into the rain. She is completely obsessed with playing with the umbrella at all times. First thing she did when we got back into the car: opened the umbrella. So, when I called her Mary Poppins she was clueless and asking a million questions: "Who is Marwy Pawppins? Is she cowming to our house? Where does she live?" So, now I have to find the movie so I can introduce the two of them.

BTW: Husband agreed to 4 tickets to Playhouse Disney Live! I am so excited and of course I can't tell The Belle until time gets closer because I will never hear the end of it.

4 comments:

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

We are having breakfast one morning at Disney at a place where Mary Poppins is supposed to be-so I am with you in needing to get the movie and introduce DD! Cute story!

Heather said...

Ha! The story about her singing with the umbrella open cracks me up.

The Mrs. said...

I loooove mary Poppins. That is such a cute story!

MommyJenn said...

We have Mary Poppins...in a box somewhere! Give me a week to unpack and I'll bring it to you guys one Sunday.