Wednesday, January 9, 2008

First Post

This is my first posting, which I am very excited about. I have to give thanks to blogger Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers for the inspiration to begin this blog. Even though I have no idea who this woman is, I thought it would be such a great idea to journal my daily activities with my girls. I wish I would have started earlier, but oh well better late than never. I will from this point on refer to my children as The Belle (almost 3) and The May (15 months). Well, I am just going to dive in. Today began with dragging the girls out of bed so The Belle and I would arrive on time to gymnastics (or as she calls it: nastics). The Belle had a great time as she always does. We made a short stop at K-Mart to pick up a sippy cup and some juice for her, since she was so parched after the strenuous activities at gymnastics (exaggerated). So, we get in the car with her new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cup and I firmly instruct her to leave the lid on (she thinks she is capable of all things that Momma does). She gets mad because she wants to take it off. The cell phone rings: husband is calling to see how gym went. She would not talk to him like she always does due to the fact that she is pouting becasue I will not let her take the lid off the cup. So, pouting continues to Grandmama's house where she shows her behind and we quickly scoop up The May and head home. On the way home I realize I did not take the bills to the post office (because the new mailbox has not been put up). So, we make a quick trip to the post office and on the way home I try to keep The May awake until we get home. Next, is lunch which consisted of oatmeal for The May and ramen noodles for me and The Belle. Each child quickly takes a nap with no arguing. Husband came home with some delicious chocolates from a co-worker, so that was a bright spot in my day. Well, now I am going to begin dinner so husband can get to church on time (the females will stay here tonight due to the fact that snot has taken over in their tiny noses). I think for my first time posting I deserve a job well done.

2 comments:

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Welcome to the land of blogging! I am so glad that I inspired you to start one. It has been very therapeutic for me, now that I am staying at home. Also, it is a great way to document what is going on w/ your kids-otherwise I would not be writing it down! There are a lot of great blogs out there. I hope to hear from you again soon and I will be checking back with you too and adding you to my must-reads!

Kelly said...

Hey Cinda- I love your New Year's Resolution. It will be fun seeing how the girls are growing up! Just one word of advice- PICTURES PLEASE!! Okay, I know that was 2 words, but I'd love to see The Belle and The May!