Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Stand By Your Man


Let me begin by saying this is a different kind of post. My purpose of this blogspot is mainly for my children but, today I feel the need to write about my husband. The two of us feel as if God is directing him into a different career path. Although, we are not sure what that path is we know that our trust is in God and he will provide a job. He has already told his principal he will not be back next year. He is getting some negative feedback from some friends of ours. They think he is putting his family at risk and it is the craziest thing they have ever heard of. I would rather him be in God's will than to stay where he is and be disobedient to God. I am so blessed to have a husband that is the spiritual leader of his house. He is also such a good husband and father. He helps out around the house and loves to be with his kids. Here lately, I have become aware that there are so many people who are in relationships where they don't enjoy being with their husband and kids. I'm not trying to say that we are perfect because we do have our problems. But, we love being with each other and our girls. My prayer is that our relationship will only grow closer over the years and that I will learn to love him more everyday.

6 comments:

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

What a sweet post. It sounds like you guys have a wonderful relationship. I will pray that God will lead your family in the right direction.

Heather said...

I admire this post so much. I think you are EXACTLY right! My prayers are with you. Don't listen to those "friends" who are being critical... Keep us posted!

MommyJenn said...

I think that you and your husband are both so blessed to have followed God's path and to have found one another. For all that we tease him, he's a great guy and, as far as I can tell, a wonderful husband and father.

mommyJLP said...

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand. I have been young, and now am old yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. Psalm 37: 23-25 Praise God He has his hand on us! Don't loose faith, its just the enemy trying to rob you of your blessing from God. ps- the rest of Psalm 37 has many parallels to your family right now. "he shall exalt thee to inherit the land (v34)".

Kate said...

We are in a similar position. My husband is in a high paying job now, but really feels called to teach high school. It's hard to remember sometimes, but it only has to make sense to the two of you - no one else has to agree or understand your decision. You will be in my thoughts & prayers as you two make this exciting change:)

Anonymous said...

What does he teach? A history/social studies position is opening up at the prep school where my husband teaches.